Ed, or Coach K as most of you know him, started his athletic journey at Northern Michigan University after receiving a scholarship to play football. He had a highly decorated career, receiving many awards as a sophomore and junior. But he faced a few derailments on his way to graduation.
The second game into his senior year Ed suffered a season ending knee injury and was diagnosed with a torn meniscus and partially (~50%) torn ACL. Luckily, this occurred early enough in the schedule that he was granted a medical redshirt by the NCAA, allowing him an additional season of competition. This event gave Ed an entirely different perspective on physical preparation and proper training that is hard to obtain from any other perspective then from the eyes of an athlete suffering from a major injury. He proceeded to explore his options by engaging in meetings with a variety of athletic trainers, doctors, and physical therapists, ultimately making the decision to opt out of surgery and rehabilitate himself on his own, and to play with essentially half of an ACL in his right leg. This process proved successful as he tested well in front of NFL scouts that winter and returned the following season at full capacity, leading his team in tackles.
This path took another turn - in the second quarter of his final game he was blocked below the waist, rupturing what was left of his damaged ACL. This detoured his plans of preparing for combines and pro days to play football at the next level, into a plan of extreme and relentless education of injury rehabilitation and prevention by consulting with the top professionals in this field.
Coach K's passion for making himself the best athlete he could be transformed seamlessly into a passion for making the next generation of athletes reach their full potential. Both the mistakes and the success he had in training were compiled - and thus, in March of 2014, Pulse Training Systems was born.
Why Should You Choose Ed And His Staff?
Few trainers have the level of experience and relatability with their clients and athletes as Ed and his team. The Pulse staff possesses unsurpassed knowledge of sports performance, personal training, nutrition, and overall physical development. No matter your goals and fitness level, you have the power to make the change. We have the most efficient and effective tools possible, combined with an unrelenting passion, you will become the best version of yourself
- 2010 Northern Michigan University Male Athlete of the Year
- 2010 GLIAC 1st Team All-Conference
- 2010 Most Valuable Player
- Current Record Holder for Most Interceptions in a Single Game
- NMU Football Team Records in 40yd Dash, 225lb Bench Test, Vertical Jump, Squat, Powerclean, and Shuttle
- Certified Special Strengths Coach through world reknowed Westside Barbell
- Pro Level and Nationally Ranked Powerlifter
- 2nd Place 2014 UPA Illinois State Powerlfiting Championship
- 1st Place 2015 RPS Summer Slam Powerlifting Meet
- Current RPS Ohio State Deadlift Record Holder
- 1st Place 2015 Detroit Barbell UPA Summer Bash Powerlifting Meet
- 1st Place 2015 APF Illinois Raw Powerlifting Challenge
- Current APF Illinois Record Holder for Bench, Squat, Deadlift, and Total
- Current APF National Deadlift Record Holder
- 4th Place 2016 Arnold Classic XPC Finals
- 2nd Place 2016 USPA Chicago Fit Expo
- 1st Place & Best Lifter 2016 UPA Relentless Detroit